By Jim Robbs I’m Jim Robbs and I am one of the partners here at…
Sassetti LLC is growing and we would like you to join our fun, close-knit audit team as a Senior Audit Associate. At Sassetti, we strive to blend the fast-paced environment of public accounting with a firm culture that emphasizes work-life balance, quality service, continuous improvement, personal and collective responsibility and adaptability at all levels. Some of the benefits we offer include flexible and remote work arrangements, a mentoring program, and opportunities to work in several different industries (including non-profits, employee benefit plans, public companies [PCAOB], manufacturing, and technology). This position can be fully remote. As independent members of the BDO Alliance USA, employees have the opportunity to be involved in BDO training seminars/webinars and conferences.
- Leading and participating in annual audit, review, and compilation engagements with a variety of clients. As an in-charge, you will be tasked with planning and executing the day-to-day activities of engagements while managing budgets.
- Supporting design and execution of approach and procedures for engagements while adhering to relevant auditing and assurance standards.
- Identifying and addressing client related issues during engagements, while working closely with the Manager and Partner in charge.
- Maintaining relationships with clients with a focus on providing excellent client service, and working with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Supervising staff assigned to your projects to ensure that schedules, budgets, and quality requirements are met.
- Communicating the engagement status with the client and their advisors on a timely and ongoing basis.
Office Administration and Client Service
- Adhering to the office administration and billing policies of Sassetti LLC including entering time into the timekeeping system daily.
- Setting up files, trial balances, and lead sheets.
- Reviewing and updating client financials and filings and reconciling and rolling forward client balances.
- Vouching and tracing to and from client documents.
- Summarizing client agreements.
- Researching complex transactions.
- Identifying and solving problems.
- Participating in staff training.
- Meeting rising standards of quality control while maintaining our lean audit approach.
- Participating in the firm’s strategic planning process.
- Developing and advocating “best practices” suited to our practice niche.
Skills and Education Required
- CPA certificate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting with desire to pursue CPA certificate and an interest in working with mid-size businesses.
- 3 or more years of recent and relevant public accounting auditing experience, with knowledge of US GAAS and US GAAP.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Positive, can-do demeanor with willingness to “dig in” and get the work done.
- Excellent understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate auditing and accounting concepts.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating ability to multi-task to facilitate planning, executing, and wrapping up various engagements concurrently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel to various client sites in the Chicagoland area.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Experience auditing GAGAS and Single Audits is a plus.
Qualified applicants should submit, along with their resume, a cover letter detailing their acceptable salary range and how many hours per week they are willing to work.
Oak Brook Office
2107 Swift Drive, Suite 210
Oak Brook, IL 60523